Microsoft has released Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 1 update which addresses problems and includes a lot of new features.
Full Change Log of Office for Mac 2011 SP1
The Office for Mac 2011 14.1 Update includes the following improvements.
Improvements for all Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 applications
- Security is improved.
- This update fixes vulnerabilities in Office 2011 that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer’s memory with malicious code. For more information, see the security bulletin that was listed earlier in this document.
- Stability is improved.
- This update fixes an issue that causes Office 2011 applications to close unexpectedly when you open or use Office 2011 applications.
- Alt Text authoring is included.
- This update enables the authoring of Alt Text for objects, such as shapes, pictures, tables, charts, SmartArt, and movies in Office 2011 applications.
Improvements for Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011
- The Solver add-in is included.
- This update includes functionality that lets you install the Solver analysis tools in Excel 2011.
- Improvements for Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac 2011
- Password protect functionality is included.
- This update includes functionality that lets you protect presentations in PowerPoint 2011 by using a password.
Improvements for Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
- Synchronization functionality is updated.
- This update increases support for Sync Services, and adds calendar, notes, and tasks syncing.
- Rules functionality is improved.
- This update introduces support for Microsoft Exchange-based Server-Side rules.
- Resend functionality is included.
- This update reintroduces functionality to resend an email message to the same or new recipients.
- Redirect functionality is included.
- This update reintroduces functionality to redirect an incoming email message to other recipients.
- Meeting invitation functionality is improved.
- This update improves creating meeting invitations by including a list of recently used locations.